Upcoming FOSNA Witness Trips
Popular Resistance and Liberation Theology in Palestine
April 12–22, 2018
The April FOSNA witness trip will focus on popular resistance in Palestine, with visits to Jerusalem, Ramallah, Bethlehem, Hebron, Nablus, and the Negev. Attendees will meet community activists and leaders such as the Tamimi family in Nabi Saleh as well as Israeli refuseniks, and will study various models of grassroots popular resistance.
This trip is designed for those who have been to Palestine and Israel previously. It emphasizes political, theological, and economic analysis of the military occupation, and how we might be inspired to work in solidarity when we return home.
Cost: $1850; includes meals, hotels, bus transportation, local fees, and honoraria for speakers. International flights, flight insurance, and airport transfers are not included.
Trip leaders: Rev. Dr. Don Wagner and Dr. Linda Kateeb
Please contact Linda at email@example.com for a full itinerary and registration information.
More information here.
Come and See Witness Trip
June 17–30, 2018
- Visit the holy sites in the Old City of Jerusalem—the Western Wall, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, and the Dome of the Rock.
- Take an alternative tour of the Old City and see the political impact of Jewish settlements on the people living in the four quarters of the Old City.
- Experience the realities of the Palestinian community living under Israeli occupation: the wall, settlements, checkpoints, confiscated land and demolished homes, refugee camps, and environmental degradation.
- Visit the Sabeel Ecumenical Liberation Theology Center in Jerusalem and Nazareth and with Kairos Palestine in Bethlehem.
- And much more! Additional information is available here.
Cost: $2,400; includes honoraria for speakers, entrance fees, ground transportation, and tips.
It does not include airfare, travel from and to the Tel Aviv airport, souvenirs, personal expenses, or travel insurance.
Trip leaders: Kathy Bergen, Joy Lapp, and Arnie Voigt.
Holy Land via Jordan
11 days: January 15-24, 2018
Join Rev. Kevin and Katherine Schill on a trip to Petra, Jordan, Mount Nebo and surrounding area, Bethlehem, Jerusalem, Nazareth, Galilee and more. Optional extension to Egypt and the Nile. To download a brochure, go to http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/holy-land-via-jordan-2018#.WfTYDXaQyM8
Design your own Group Travel Plans
A Pilgrimage of Faith & Justice in the Holy Land
LIVING STONES: Holy Land Travel with the Jerusalem Center for Biblical Studies.
A small group learning and exploration experience (for approximately 25 persons) that can be tailored in advance to meet the interest of a group. The Living Stones program will include a visit to Bethlehem Bible College, Ibillin ( Archbishop Elias Chacour), Hope School and other ministries in the West Bank. At each location meet staff, students and volunteers. Also available: dinner in the home of a Palestinian family in groups of four to six. Experience the geography and the Ancient Stones (sites commemorating the Hebrew and Christian scriptures) such as Church of the Nativity, Qumran, Jordan River, Via Dolorosa, Meggido, Mt. of Beatitudes, boat ride on the Sea of Galilee and more. Attend an evening classroom experience led by Dr. Mustafa Abud Sway of the Al Aqsa Mosque and Al-Quids University who will speak on the topic: “What It is Like for Muslims to Live in Jerusalem”. This program is offered annually in January and October.
For additional details and dates
Contact Rev. Michael Miller to travel with this program or for assistance in designing a trip for your group
Bright Stars of Bethlehem
- Friends of Sabeel: www.fosna.org.
- Click “All conferences & witness trips” Group Travel Directors (GTD), Minneapolis
- coming Holy Land tours:
- Group Travel Directors (GTD), Minneapolis
- Coming Holy Land tours: